INVOKING THE WHORE ~ with Portia Richardson
- We will examine the oppression of womxn’s sensual creative power and aim to reconnect and reclaim what the whore represents by exploring the ancient herstory of the whore’s crucial role in sacred union with the Divine through embodied experience.
- We discuss the patriarchal smear campaign of womxn’s power through the use derogatory words and defaming of wild feminine archetypes – and learn how to purge our minds and bodies of this internalize misogyny and reclaim what is rightfully ours!
- We will invite in practices of embodiment as a tool for deconstructing patriarchal influence through somatic experiencing and intuitive movement.
- We will discuss body + sex positivity, body literacy, body autonomy, consent, being seen/visible, self-pleasure ritual, breaking the taboos, the role and rights of sex workers, more topics that arise out of our group!
- We will realign to our collective truth via a group healing ritual.
This class is for anyone identifying on the feminine spectrum and/or nonbinary.
NOTE: I have consulted with sex workers on the content of this course with the intention of uplifting and amplifying sex worker rights. For more information on these issues I encourage you to check out the work of SWOP USA. And watch this TED Talk by Juno Mac called “The laws that sex workers really want.”
Art by Albrecht Dürer : The Whore of Babylon, 1498