This workshop will critically examining the racist roots of white spiritual eclecticism. It is meant to agitate, disorient, and deprogram the influence of white supremacy within the new age movement, neopaganism, urban shamanism, western esotericism, witchcraft, and the spiritual-wellness industry.
In this workshop we will:
- Define and explore fundamental concepts of anti-racism work.
- Examine the historically violent role whiteness has played in shaping various modern spiritual paths that have gained popularity among white mystics and seekers.
- Discuss white spiritual eclecticism and tease apart what it means to spirituality bypass the effects of whiteness, including highlighting common examples of belief systems and behaviors that perpetuate white violence.
- Discuss ways to increase personal and communal accountably to BIPOC as we work to dismantle white supremacy.
- Intentionally take time to feel and witness the ancestral embodied trauma of racism through gentle somatic healing work and sacred speaking-listening practices.
- Examine how and why anti-racism work must be an integral part of spiritual activism.
- Offer support for each other in walking our spiritual paths with integrity, clear vision, and purpose.
Facilitated by: Portia Richardson. NOTE: Portia has consulted with BIPOC folx on the contents of this class with the intention of being held accountable.