SPECIAL CLASS THIS WEEK!
In honor of the winter solstice we will be completing 108 sun salutations. This will be a fun and challenging community event that will create a special ritual to observe the darkest day of the year.
Candlelit, snacks, good company, jams and lots of love.
If you have a membership you’re welcome to join! If you’re just dropping in it is $15 (or you can purchase a three month membership for $60).
Why 108 sun salutations? Here’s a few reasons…
* 108 is the number of “Upanishads” comprising Indian philosophy’s “Vedic texts”.
* 108 is the number of names for Shiva (a really important Hindu god).
* 108 is the number of names for Buddha.
* 108 is the number of beads on a Catholic rosary.
* 108 is the number of beads on a Tibetan “mala” (prayer beads, analagous to a rosary).
* 108 is twice the number “54”, which is the number of sounds in Sanskrit (sacred Indian langauge).
* 108 is six times the number “18”, which is a Jewish good luck number.
* 108 is twelve times the number 9, which is the number of vinyasas (movements linked to breath) in a Sun Salutation.
Register here: HERE COMES THE SUN!
My Why: A Yoga Class for Women : Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm
Come out for this gentle and exploratory yoga class for women with Julia Starr of Starr Health Co!
Exchange: $10-15 sliding scale – with a portion of the proceeds going to local women’s shelters.
Drop-ins welcome. And you can register online by clicking the link below!